"I enjoy involving my patients in the decision-making process to design the best treatment plan for them."
Hailing from Eldersburg, Maryland, Dr. Tupis made his way down the East Coast throughout his education, joining Coastal Orthopedics in 2012.
Dr. Tupis received his undergraduate degree in biological sciences from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, after which, he went on to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to obtain his master's degree in medical science in 2002 and his medical degree in 2006 from Drexel University College of Medicine.
Following the completion of his medical degree, Dr. Tupis underwent a general surgery internship and his orthopedic surgery residency with Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he served as chief resident. He then completed his fellowship training in sports medicine at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia.
Dr. Tupis is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
In his free time, Dr. Tupis enjoys golfing, running, playing guitar, and fishing, and enjoying time with his wife and family. Dr. Tupis is also a published author.
- The University of Maryland Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland, 2000
- Hahnemann University Hospital, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2002
- Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2006
Internship, General Surgery
- Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2007
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2012
Fellowship, Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Research of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, 2012
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2014
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Conway Medical Center
- Carolina Bone and Joint Surgery Center
- Conway High School
- Carolina Forest High School
- Aynor High School
- Green Sea Floyds High School
- Shoulder arthroscopy
- Knee arthroscopy
- Elbow arthroscopy
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic shoulder instability repair
- Cartilage restoration
- Meniscus repair
- PRP injections
- Total shoulder replacement
- Reverse total shoulder replacement
- High tibial osteotomy
- Total knee replacement