"I like to plan a strategy that will get my patients back to the lifestyle they desire."
Dr. Ramsey received his bachelor of science degree at Duke University and continued on to obtain his medical degree from Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. Upon completion of his medical degree, Dr. Ramsey underwent an internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center. After finishing his residency, he completed a fellowship in adult reconstruction and joint replacement at Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute in Alexandria, Virginia. Dr. Ramsey joined Coastal Orthopedics in 2009.
Dr. Ramsey currently serves as Medical Director for the Joint Replacement program at Conway Medical Center. He has performed more hip replacements using the direct anterior approach than anyone else in eastern South Carolina. He utilizes this expertise and experience to educate other surgeons by traveling to lecture and demonstrate the techniques in labs, and he occasionally hosts other surgeons at Conway Medical Center who wish to observe the procedure in action.
When not seeing patients in clinic, Dr. Ramsey enjoys spending time with his family, dining out, and going to the beach. He is married, lives in Myrtle Beach, and is the proud father of two sons and one daughter. He also stays active through golf, tennis, and fishing.
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, 1999
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., 2003
Internship, General Surgery
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 2004
Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., 2008
Fellowship, Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement
- Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute, Alexandria, Virginia, 2009
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Southern Orthopaedic Association
- Conway Medical Center
- Carolina Bone and Joint Center
- Conway High School
- Carolina Forest High School
- Aynor High School
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Adult Reconstruction
- Knee Replacement, Minimally Invasive
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Hip Revision
- Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacements