"My goal is to provide compassionate and quality care tailored to each individual patient."
Dr. J. Christopher Gayton joined Coastal Orthopedics in September 2015. He earned his bachelor of science degree in cellular biology at The University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia. He then went on to complete his doctorate of medicine at the Medical College of Georgia – Georgia Regents University in Augusta, Georgia. Dr. Gayton completed an internship at St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and his orthopedic surgery residency training at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio.
While in his residency, Dr. Gayton completed a research fellowship with Wright State University. Wanting to specialize further, he underwent hand and upper extremity fellowship training at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Gayton enjoys waterskiing, hunting, snow skiing, and cheering on the Georgia Bulldogs. He and his wife are passionate about international medical missions, having served in the Philippines, Bangladesh, and Kenya. They are excited to be setting roots back in the Southeast with their two young daughters.
- The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, 2003
- Medical College of Georgia – Georgia Regents University, Augusta, Georgia, 2007
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2008
Residency, Orthopedic Surgery
- Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, 2014
- Research, Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio, 2010
- Hand and Upper Extremity, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2015
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Christian Medical & Dental Associations
- International Hip Fracture Research Collaborative
- Wright State University, 2008-2014
- University of Dayton, 2013-2014
- Pittsburgh Pirates, 2014-2015
- Open and Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel
- Arthroscopy of the Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Arthritis of the Hand and Wrist
- Hand Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine of the Upper Extremity