"My goal is not only to fix existing problems utilizing the latest and safest technology available, but also to educate and encourage my patients on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle."
Dr. Mills joined Coastal Orthopedics in 1991. He completed his bachelor of science degree in biology from The Citadel in Charleston, South Carolina.
After completing his degree in biology, he received his medical degree from the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. Dr. Mills then finished an orthopedic residency at the same institution and a fellowship in spinal surgery at the South Texas Spinal Clinic in San Antonio, Texas.
When not seeing patients, Dr. Mills likes working out, golfing, snow skiing, and boating. He is also actively involved with Canine Angels, a nonprofit organization that rescues dogs from shelters and trains them to become service dogs for disabled veterans and first responders.
Dr. Mills is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- The Citadel, Charleston, South Carolina, 1981
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Charleston, South Carolina, 1985
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Charleston, South Carolina, 1990
Fellowship, Spinal Surgery
- South Texas Spinal Clinic, San Antonio, Texas, 1991
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1993, 2013
- Conway Medical Center
- Carolina Bone and Joint Center
- Conway High School
- Carolina Forest High School
- Aynor High School
- Cervical and Lumbar Fusion
- Facet Joint Injections
- ILIF: Interlaminar Lumbar Instrumented Fusion
- Lumbar Decompression
- Lumbar Epidural Steroid Injection
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- PLIF: Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Spinal Cord Stimulator (Boston Scientific)
- Spinal Cord Stimulator (Medtronic)
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- XLIF: Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
"Great experience. Glad I had the surgery. Could barely walk before but I feel great now and back to all normal activities." – Rosalie R.